Articulated turning plate floors for tramsArticulated floors for trams – available with a standard anodized surface of checkered aluminum or with customer-specific floor coverings.
In trams, the passageway of the articulation typically consists of an articulated floor element with a turning plate. The standard model features a checkered plate surface made of anodized aluminum. It is extremely wear-resistant and the checkered surface gives it excellent nonslip characteristics. In addition, the anodized aluminum is corrosion and abrasion resistant.
We are also happy to manufacture the turning plate with the same floor covering that is used in the rest of the vehicle. For this we mill off a couple of millimeters from the plate and attached the customer's desired floor covering. With this approach the articulation gangway's visual design does not look any different from the rest of the tram interior.
Articulated floor with turning plate – an overview
Checkered aluminum plate
- Anodized surface
- Corrosion, abrasion and wear-resistant
- Nonslip due to checkered surface
- Checkering can be customized according to customer wishes
Customer-specific floor covering
- No visible differentiation between vehicle floor surface and articulation gangway
- Characteristics differ depending on selected floor covering