Avoiding risks and injuries
SensIQ contact is essential safety equipment for the entry area in buses and trains that can be integrated in finger protection profiles. The contact strip ensures that persons and objects will not be caught in the closing doors. As soon as an object or a passenger comes into contact with it, a switching pulse is generated and the door opens again or is held open.
The components of SensIQ contact:
- Finger protection profile on the leading edge of the door
- An impact protection positioned on the secondary closing edge
- Foot protection edge
Finger protection profiles for buses
The pressure wave element for buses operates directly on the door's leading edge. It is suitable for straight, curved and angled doors. The pressure wave chambers are compressed when the edge is touched. The air volume that is pushed from the chamber is fed into a tube that connects to a membrane switch, which creates an electrical switching pulse that causes the door to reverse.
In addition to the pressure wave element, we also offer an electrical contact strip for buses. When touched by persons or objects, an electrical switching pulse is generated which causes the doors to reverse. This systems also operates directly at the leading edge of the door and also provides anti-trap detection when doors are closed. This makes it possible to detect if persons or objects are already caught in the doors. The system is suitable for straight, curved and angled doors. System function is automatically monitored and maintenance free.
Finger protection profiles for trains
The electric contact strip for trains also operates directly on the leading edge of the vehicle doors. With the anti-trap detection, persons or objects already caught in the doors are also detected. The system is suitable for straight, curved and angled doors. System function is automatically monitored and maintenance free.
It functions like this: When touched by persons or objects, an electrical switching pulse is generated which causes the doors to reverse.
The benefits of SensIQ contact
- At high switching angles, switching forces and paths are nevertheless reduced.
- Rated at more than 1 million switching cycles, the system has great durability, a key characteristic which is confirmed by ongoing climatic chamber and switching cycle testing.
- SensIQ contact is available in a wide variety of sensor and cable lengths with drag line-compatible cables and pre-assembled plugs.
- The sensors are entirely halogen-free.
Head of Rail & Bus Business Unit
Tel. +49 731 - 9360 958