for more safety
The GWU Group has been part of HÜBNER since 2019. The German-based supplier for the rail and bus industry is the leader for safety products in the area of door-closing systems and has an outstanding range of innovative solutions for the entry areas of public transport vehicles. A particular strength of the product range is its effective and consistent tolerance management which supports smooth and reliable production of the supplied components.
Hazardous situations when entering and exiting public transport vehicles
Traditional door systems in buses and trains usually cannot react adequately to spontaneous situations. Life-threatening situations can arise in connection with the doors of bus and railway vehicles when these are not equipped with safety mechanisms:
- Passengers can be caught in the closing system and subjected to great stress
- Children can panic if they are caught in closing doors
- Persons and objects caught in closing doors can result in accidents and injuries
The SensIQ touchless light curtain system provides touchless anti-trap passenger protection. It detects when object or persons are in the entry area of the vehicles and prevents the doors from closing.
SensIQ signal guides passengers in out and out of the vehicle with colored LED illumination. The products lets passengers know what's happening even at a distance.
The SensIQ contact safety system is integrated into finger protection profiles. As soon as an object or a passenger comes into contact with it, a switching pulse is generated and the door opens again or is held open.
Head of Rail & Bus Business Unit
Tel. +49 731 - 9360 958
Innovative profiles from GWU
A main focus of the GWU Group is the production of innovative finger protection profile and rubber sealing systems which make passengers safer when using buses or trains.
- Finger protection profiles with electric contract strips prevent people or objects from getting caught in closing doors. An innovative new rubber profile even functions on a touchless basis. With this system a light curtain detects when persons or objects are present in the closing area of the door.
- In addition, GWU has developed a door profile with integrated LED light strips. It uses signaling colors to show passengers when it's safe to enter and leave the vehicle.
The result: No more persons or objects getting caught in the door area – for optimal safety in passenger transport.
Retrofitting for improved safety
Our rubber profiles with safety contact strips offer a retrofitting safety solution for inward-swinging and outward-swing doors, folding and sliding doors and sliding plug doors for buses and trains. They can be specially customized for individual application requirements.